Thread: ER trip Sunday
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 09:55 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I do need to work on this transfer and or lifting issue. The last Time it came it up in a really huge bad way I actually had to leave the hospital I was in because they were so out of wack with my capabilities. My abilities rise and fall with what medication is in me which I try to understand confuses people at best but can cause anger and alienation rather than working with me on the issue. This is why I have worked hard to stay out of hospital especially with Covid blocking my daughter from being with me there. 2 years ago she spent 5 days by my side in hospital so I would get help I needed. Get to bathroom when needed and in a way that worked. At times it was my daughter plus a nurse the first days cause I was in such bad shape. On Sunday when I said I could not pull myself up to standing they tried to figure out what to do and brought up the lifting belt at which I pushed away the device and said it was time to go get my daughter. This staff didn’t understand I am not dead weight it is my unique issue of how to overcome the weakness in my thighs and across my hips. It is the rising. My daughter has never gotten injured helping me up out of car or a low chair. Sculptor 44
Sculptor44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-04-2021)