Thread: ER trip Sunday
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 03:21 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I just spoke with my daughter who works in Imaging and she says they were "lazy" to make you get out of the wheelchair. She said they took chest x-rays of someone in a wheelchair yesterday and they did it just fine with the board behind the back.

It's an emergency room setting. They'd be dealing with actually immobile patients all day every day.

Some imaging places will have the standing x-ray tables. If you were in bed in the first place they could have slid you across on to it. The x-rays go through the radiolucent material. They didn't get you in a bed when you went to the ER?

Hospitals have portable machines. They should have used one especially in ER.

Imaging staff and nurses these days learn very differently from 40 or so years ago which is better for them of course. We used to lift very heavy weights but they're not allowed now. My daughter is a kind soul and always tying to help her patients. She is "encouraged"/taught not to lift very much at all.

I don't know what the answer is really. I know there have been times I had difficulty getting up off the scanner after long proceedures but I had to do it with no help part from an arm.

Sorry your daughter can't go with you. That makes it extra hard. If you think it's a communication thing then perhaps you should get together and make a print out of these types of issues so that you can give it to the staff in future and can conserve some energy by not having to explain.

Last edited by Lara; 08-04-2021 at 04:52 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote