Thread: acute SNF
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 12:55 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hey tomhe,

I've read your heartbreaking story. It's truly awful what you're going through. The feelings of shame that you have that you cannot even tell your family resonate with me. I hear you and I understand that, but I think its time to let them in and let them help you. Or at least consider it. I think you need the help of people that love you. Masculine pride and shame are strange bedfellows at difficult times but you are an intelligent, gut wrenchingly honest, brave and self aware young man. I think you get the concept of the loss of identity that illness has stolen from you. Let people help you.

Nobody can tell you how long your acute phase will last because it varies with the individual. But typically in SFN there is an acute stage followed by a recovery. Again that recovery will vary in duration and extent but from personal experience I can tell you it is a wonderful blissful hopeful time. It will happen. The body is a great healer. A plan of action would be to create the conditions to allow the body to heal its self the most efficiently and maximally.
Look at diet, supplements, rest/ meditation/ breathing, light exercise etc, but most of all don't do this alone. I know from a previous post you split with your partner recently. Let people in. Let them help you.

Please keep us posted on your progress,

Best wishes,

Atty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ajwinpain (11-04-2021), Lara (08-06-2021)