Thread: COVID vaccine
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 04:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been fully vaccinated, no ill effects. Just wanted to come on here and mention that. My CRPS did not flare up, nothing of the sort. Not even sick, nothing but a tiny bit of a sore spot on the arm, which... I could deal with. I had "offered" my "good" arm, meaning the less bad one.

My mom came down with shingles of the eye 3 weeks after Pfizer shot N°1. On the dot 3 weeks later. Left arm injected. Left eye affected. It is strange. Anyway, she has had that since June 1, and it's still going on and being treated right now, so for sure until September 1, if not October 1 because she has doctor's appointments mid to late September for this still. <sigh> Yeah, rollercoaster. I mean, who would think that? Her 2nd shot is needing to be postponed until 2 weeks after it clears up. They keep calling and each time we have to tell them, "severe case, still not healed, please keep her listed".

My dad had refused his first shots, no wonder, it was AstraZeneca, which was approved in the EU, but not in the US. He did *not* want that, with a vengeance. I would have refused that also. Both me & mom got Pfizer, BTW.

I just got given the all clear to re-activate him yesterday, so he could get the invites again. Hoping this time it will be Pfizer or Moderna, maybe, maybe even J&J, because they no longer do AZ due to concerns (finally darn it).

They will never make it compulsory in this country. Fear of lawsuits. There are people who have died from the vaccines, but apparently they are quantities you can just "ignore" because oh "C" is sooo much worse. Kind of twisted logic, in my book. Let's just keep it real. Those are deaths just as well that perhaps could have been avoided with the right vaccine, or a different one.

Anyway. I am certainly not anti-vaccine, but I was still cautious about the whole thing and definitely weighed the pros & contras.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-18-2021)