Thread: COVID vaccine
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 05:18 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi Marleen,
I don't have RSD but have been following the thread and your recent messages about vaccines. I'm glad yours went well but am so sorry to hear about your mother's ongoing problems. That must be really terrible for her to deal with, and ouch, in the eye for so long. Just awful.

I wrote a couple of messages elsewhere recently. I was faced with the usual blind hyperbole and lack of empathy and I ended up deleting them. Despite what some people (including governments) are telling us, one size does not fit all and one vaccine is not suitable for everyone.

I had no choice in my area of Australia unfortunately but to get the AstraZeneca and it made me very ill. I'm on Immunotherapy (Pembrolizumab) for metastatic melanoma. It is an immune checkpoint inhibitor. It is not like Chemotherapy where the immune system can be suppressed. Immune checkpoints are part of the natural immune response that keeps your immune system from being too aggressive. My body is in a kind of "overdrive" all the time so having this particular vaccine seems to have tipped me over into more dangerous territory.

I didn't want to get the AstraZeneca but it was all that was available in my area. I'm still recovering and have had to have my usual treatment postponed until I am well again. All very troubling.

I don't know what will happen when I'm due for the 2nd one. I can't go through this again. I wish I'd been able to have a choice. After all the research that I did, I asked to have an mRNA vaccine rather than the one that I got but because I spend so much of my time back and forth to pathology and imaging and oncology wards etc., I had to take what was available unfortunately.

I wish you well and hope that your mother gets better really fast.

Last edited by Lara; 08-18-2021 at 05:50 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote