View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 12:43 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeria View Post
negative autoimmune testing (I suspect I have Sjogrens because I have dry eye, very dry skin, and trouble producing enough saliva but blood testing is always negative).
I have low ferritin which I am slowly trying to get up higher but trouble absorbing iron. Neurologists don't think a low ferritin could be causing this severe of a neuropahy/neuromuscular condition.
My legs EMG showed up positive with lots of stuff in red ("sensory motor
demyelinating axonal neuropathy"), but my second opinion neurologist questions the EMG results as being over interpreted so I don't know if it's even accurate.
Hi aeria,
Welcome to NeuroTalk.
You have a lot going on, and I'm sorry you're dealing with so many health issues.

I am pretty sure that I've read posts in the past from members on this PN forum and also perhaps the Autoimmune Forum that had negative blood tests for Sjogren's but ended up actually having the condition. Have you ever seen a Rheumatologist? I'm sorry if you said that and I missed it in your post.

I also would imagine that the low ferritin could have a huge impact but I don't know enough about any of the tests you have been through. Maybe check in PubMed for Iron deficiency or Iron deficiency anaemia and Neuropathy. Lots there.

Also see if your Copper levels were ever checked.

Last edited by Lara; 08-20-2021 at 01:10 AM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote