View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 04:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwinpain View Post

That is interesting on taller people, but it makes logical sense.

Yeah, my neurologist mentioned it as I'm 6'7". Of course, it's not the only factor, but it does play a role.

Quote:
I do think there is a good chance this is still in part the residual side effects from the antibiotic I took years ago, but the symptoms are a little different than typical, so I am trying to determine other possible additional causes.
Absolutely. Especially Levaquin (but there are many others) is known to sometimes cause this. Most often it's a combination of things - immune system goes out of whack from the antibiotics, giving alcohol more chance to do further damage, even at amounts that usually would not cause an illness by itself. So you start feeling bad, don't go out as much etc etc. And there's age of course: what we could process at 18 is not what we can process when we're older. And then there is stress: I have learned over the last 10 years that it does play a big role in the perception of the symptoms.

Quote:

I have a neurologist appointment next Friday, so again, I do appreciate your thoughts as it just gives me more to talk about with him at my appointment.
Good luck. Try to be as active as you can in the conversation while still listening. The more info you can give (even if it seems irrelevant) the better they can judge what's really going on. A timeline is often helpful too (when did it start, when did symptom x became apparent etc)

However: don't be surprised or discouraged if at first he/she can not give you an exact diagnosis (yet) either. It's one of the frustrations you see quite often in the neuropathy forum (alcohol induced or not). These conditions are simply not easy to diagnose, and for some they will never know for sure.

Then again you clearly showed you are serious about finding out what ails you, so I'm sure you probably knew all this. Let us know what they came up with.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ajwinpain (08-21-2021), bizi (08-31-2021)