View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 09:06 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Ouch on that kidney stone. I hope that's all dealt with now.
I've followed along with your posts. I wonder if you think some sort of cortisol dysregulation is occurring due to a possible salicylate sensitivity?

Just an aside - Salicylate sensitivity is not uncommon in the autism community as I've found from my own experience. I haven't checked some of the claims in the article but it was interesting reading. Again, personal experience, but I've not known anyone on spectrum who didn't have some type of gut issue and inflammatory condition.
Autism and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome

Ran out of time earlier, just wanted to add a couple of things. My daughter and I eat the same type of diet as you by the sound of it. Eating and cooking plant based food is just routine now, but I don't want to be eating foods that can end up harming us either. Daughter only has one kidney so she can do without those issues so we'll certainly look into this further.

Myself, my neuropathy came on after a very short time on a melanoma treatment called Targeted Therapy which attacks mutations (BRAF) within cancer cells. It was a failure and it started my neuropathy. To this point I've never been able to notice whether any particular foods, or lack of, affect me or not. I do notice certain medications cause flares though so I avoid all medications if at all possible.

Last edited by Lara; 08-22-2021 at 11:19 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote