View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 12:45 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponmovin View Post
How concerning are these if bumped into?

My smoke detector started randomly chirping really loud a few minutes ago and so I scrambled out of bed to check it out. It's high up on the wall and next to a huge and extremely heavy tv cabinet that has large, thick wooden doors to encase the tv. They swing out like most drawers and are much thicker than tv cabinet doors I'm seeing in Google Images. It's one of those older cabinets meant to hold big screen crt tvs from 1990s and early 2000s. The doors themselves are quite sturdy and tall (about 5 feet) - and certainly much more so than say a cupboard or medicine cabinet door.

I had to get a step stool to reach the smoke detector. After I checked it out, I whacked my head into the extended cabinet door as I forgot in the moment that it was behind me. It happened so quickly that I can't recall if I:

- hit my head on the door while jumping down and backwards from the step stool
- hit my head on the door as I was already standing and hit with either a quick head turn or stepping backwards, etc.

I had on a pair of earmuffs to protect my ears against the sound since I have hyperacusis and the beeping was annoying. I'm not sure if it was a flush hit into the back my head or side of head square-on, or if I partially bumped part of the earmuffs into the door, etc. I just remember feeling the whack and yelling "ow!" When I'm anxious, like a smoke detector going off, I tend to bounce around like an idiot and not take my time to pay attention to my surroundings.

Have a bit of a headache as is often the case. Would you guys be concerned at all, or just brush it off as a run of the mill non-concerning/harmless bump?

Thanks.
Hey keeponmovin,

As a bald man I find I bump my head quite often as hair gives us information as to where our head is in relation to things. Without hair we lose this information. However these are harmless bumps like the ones you describe. They are non concerning and run of the mill.

Nothing to see here.

Best wishes,

Atty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote