View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 09:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the response, Lara. It's been quite a journey. Sorry to hear about your neuropathy and bout with melanoma. Is the latter still ongoing?

Who would have thought spinach and broccoli could be bad for you?

I think cortisol/adrenaline dysregulation is quite likely.

Thanks for the link. I have a tentative MCAS diagnosis by one of the allergists/immunologists mentioned in that sites list of doctors, but his words to me were, "Yes, I think you have it, but I can't tell you why." His only suggestion was to take H1 and H2 antihistamines and go the functional medicine route. I've tried two FM docs, and neither was a good experience.

I need to do a strict elimination diet I think, and may try to find someone to help me with that. The "lists" on what foods are high in what are all over the place.

The connection of MCAS and/or oxalates with autism seems strong. There's a woman named Susan Owens (if you've not encountered her) who strongly believes that not only is autism caused by oxalates, but she throws Alzheimer's, MS, and Parkinson's into the mix too. She believes the widespread use of antibiotics and pesticides has caused microbiome damage leading to the rise in all the neurological disorders.

Interesting theory.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-23-2021)