View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 03:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thanks for your reply. Yes, still dealing with it. Diagnosed at stage 3 and quickly to stage 4 so didn't stand much of a chance but out of the blue I became eligible for a medication that has had quite remarkable results. It's tedious but I am at the moment disease free. I always fear it lurking there though that's apparently a "normal" fear I've been told lol. I'll always be stage 4 and probably always have to take this medication (by infusion). It's one of those situations where you take the drug until it causes too many severe side effects or it stops working. So far so good for me. Others have not been so fortunate which brings me back to the gut microbiome...

Interesting thing about the treatment that I take (PD-1 checkpoint inhibitor pembrolizumab) - I responded immediately to the treatment I'm on and seriously think it is due to my diet and gut health.

Diet and Probiotics Influence Response to Immunotherapy - Cancer Health
Quote:
Diet and Probiotics Influence Response to Immunotherapy
A high-fiber diet may help checkpoint medications work better—but probiotic supplements could interfere with response.
Yes, I know of Susan Owens and the Oxalate Project. The link below talks about Chondroitin sulfate to prevent kidney stones.
https://www.realizehealth.com.au/wp-...T-Oxalates.pdf

It's a hard one. All those foods on the list. All the different subsets. When my children were younger of course it was Feingold making the news and then the lactose connection and the ongoing candida etc.. It goes on and on.

The good thing for you though may be if you have a connection with salicylate and or oxalate sensitivity then you can, with work, eventually heal and your flares can stop or is that being too simplistic?? I guess it's the ongoing hunt for the reason that is so tedious and expensive I would image. Sorry about your bad experiences with the two other doctors. You really need someone to work through it all with you especialy if you're doing elimination diets.

Let us know how you're doing.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote