View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 06:49 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Pulmo appointment was worse than I hoped for perhaps not than I expected. I think I can be too understanding at times. Had a Pastor who said I had the patience of a Saint. There is a local neuro who is not a muscle neuro tho did find my brain lesions. But he also made it his business say I wasn’t as bad physically as I said I was. This guy never did a full neuro exam on me. Also he tried to do a lumbar puncture on me in his office tho weren’t near a hospital in event of a problem. Mayo had tried to do one and the first doc backed out when he realized my breathing can’t tolerate lidocaine. Other staff tried to do it there at Mayo when I said it was ok to do no pain meds as I have so much loss of feeling. They tried for an hour and couldn’t get thru. I stopped the local neuro and said at the office wasn’t gonna work. He was very angry. But angry or not knowing he had a watered down vision of my symptoms I couldn’t trust him . I confirmed he was doing this thru an MD I did cognitive testing with. I was straight with her and said I think he is misleading doctors. She said yes he is gaslighting you. I had a pretty darn good family doc for 20 years. He acknowledged my MG. He retired about 7 years ago and I have bounced around since then. The gaslighting cost me one of the better ones. At least it seems my daughter realizes we need the neurologist at Mayo Clinic. Sculptor 44
Sculptor44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (08-26-2021)