View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 02:19 AM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Thumbs up Hi I'm Bear (yes that's actually what my family call me!)

Hi! I'm a newbie! Thank you all for being patient if I mess up this formatting thing.
I've had three doses of the Moderna vaccine.
The first and second doses (last week of Mar 21/First week of May 21) was back when the data was recommending that pausing immune suppressants wasn't recommended.
When the third dose became available, I asked my neurologist if that was still the advice and was told, since my condition has been stable for a number of years, that I could stop taking my immune suppressant for two weeks after the shot. So, check with your doctor and see what they say.
I got the third dose 4 days ago.

Here are my experiences so far:
  • 1st shot--sore arm duration 48 hours
  • 2nd shot--arm not as sore, but a little headache, mild fatigue for about 24 hours
  • 3rd shot.--without immune suppression--arm HURT! (two days), some swelling and tenderness of lymph nodes in armpit of same arm(still there 4 days in), headache (about 8 hours), mild nausea (about half a day, and all I wanted to do was SLEEP for 14 hours the first night. So, maybe I got off easy on the first two doses because of meds.
Definitely worth it. Crossing fingers for robust antibody response for protection but without a flare of MG symptoms for everyone.
bear63
Bear63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (08-31-2021)