View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 01:13 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwinpain View Post
Wow, so whether I have small fiber neuropathy or not, and whether it has been caused by a Med reaction, alcohol, or both, I can say this is quite a roller coaster. Some days aren’t bad. Some days are rough. I can also say that things certainly seem worse in the evenings. And most definitively I can say that I am done with alcohol. If the days I have more pain now are due to past alcohol consumption, it will be an easy choice to never have that again, even in moderation. I still hope that completely stopping seven weeks ago means I have at least helped to stop any further damage, and can maybe even start to allow some healing, even if a very slow process now.
Hey ajwinpain,

I think you have exactly the right approach and detached philosophical attitude that will enable you to make the fullest recovery possible. Why not aim for a full recovery? If you have alcohol induced PN then ceasing drinking inevitably means you will recover. The body is a great healer and will find a way to heal itself. You can help speed that recovery with optimum diet, exercise, supplements etc.

Nobody talks about the joy and contentment that discipline brings to life and that is what this thread has latterly become; a celebration of discipline.

So superficially we have Sesame Street enthusiasts! ( Counts who like to count!) But really its about the triumph of Discipline and hopefully an inspiration to those trying to find that discipline in their lives. I know it helped me.

Best wishes,
Atty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ajwinpain (09-02-2021)