Thread: COVID vaccine
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 10:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My uncle got AZ and he was in bed for a week! No, that is why my dad promptly refused.

They gave people a second chance here to re-register, so I did that for my dad, online, and by that time they had ditched the AZ completely, so it was either Moderna or Pfizer he was gonna get. He now has to go start of next week for his first shot and end of September for his second shot.

Mom ended up going for the second shot. Her eye issues are still not over; still taking gabapentin for the pain. And she is on 700mg 3x a day, while I am on 900mg 3x a day (granted I have additional pain patches and sublingual tablets)... but still, you know. The pain is severe for her!

This shingles thing started June 1, and is still ongoing. GP declared the virus "dead" but she still has to visit with the ophthalmologist half-way through September. She just said to me, "there went my summer". And yeah, true!

My uncle got the 2nd shot of AZ and did not react as badly as the first time, at all.

Thank you for the well wishes; sorry I got back to you this late!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-05-2021)