View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 02:12 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default New fatigue and intermittent hearing loss...any helpful ideas?

Hi everyone I had a mtbi 4 years ago and I've come a long way but I've had a setback and wanted to tap into the collaborative knowledge on our forum.

I didnt work for about 1.5 yrs or so and slowly kept my hand in work as I'm self employed. The last couple months I feel like I've really digressed with the following symptoms.

- sometimes profound fatigue but not necessarily needing sleep, I can feel shaky and weak and emotions are close to the surface.

- headache and extreme fatigue. When on the computer after short time on screen I have to leave. Ive had eyes rechecked and have a new rx coming with FL 41 filter @ 10%. Till they arrive i have bilateral tape on glasses and it helps a bit

- I've actually had hearing blackouts...not sure what to call them as previously when I was tired i couldn't follow a conversation or would watch someone talk and hear only garbled sounds thst didnt make sense. in the last 2 weeks Ive had about 5 or 6 occasions where someone would talk and i heard nothing, just like they werent talking, then the sound would come back as normal.

- pressure in the ears and nose like someone is pushing them. Intermittently. Ive taken cold medicine but the Dr says i feel better because ive filled my body full of adrenaline so i dont do that anymore...tempting though

- i have a new work team member I've brought on and she's more work than I've anticipated and i know she stresses me out. I can't keep up anymore and I'm actually typing this in bed as i need more and more quiet time. Im looking at bringin on soemone else to help out .

- camping for a few days brings about a calm and quieter feeling but need at least 3 or 4 days to feel it.

- im worried that by withdrawing and taking time off might be extremely helpful but could be sending me backward as no exposure to stimulants , social activities etc.

Has anyone experienced the intermittent hearing loss or know what it is and is it time for me to stop work as there doesn't seem to be a healthy balance. My family is worried about me but they dont have answers, understandable as they've never experienced this before. Is it time formretirement or extended time off?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. My Dr is helpful but doesnt get it. Has anyone felt theyve digressed by lesving work or has it been helpful?

Thank you

Susie

Ps sorry about typos
Susie1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-21-2021)