View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 02:54 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Susie1,

Your healing is long finished. From here forward, adapting to your condition is the only way to see improvements. The research supports this. Have that hard talk with yourself about the limits you run up against. Mourn your lost past self and accept your new self and don't look back.

Establish the range of activities you can pursue based on the pace and persistence your brain can tolerate.

I know that certain activities are going to come with a delayed cost. I may try to store up some mental energy before and still expect to need to have a recovery time after.

For me, sounds/voices and visual over-stimulation are the enemy. I hear echoes in large buildings that others do not hear. They wipe me out.

If I go to a restaurant, we choose a booth or table at a wall, preferably a corner of the room. The sounds are easier to tolerate. I take foam ear plugs.

Currently, you are being overloaded with world issues that consume mental energy. They take up the mental bandwidth you need to just do a normal day.

Turn off media. Protect yourself from the chaos in the media. You cannot change any of those issues so ignore them. Take care of yourself.

Make your personal choice about Covid. I take immune support vitamins and will not be getting the shot. My wife, myself, my son and his family of 5, have already had Covid and recovered. Our choice of how we move forward in a Covid world.

Think about choices and make your choice so you do not have 'undecided issues' playing over and over in your mind.

Some of my symptoms have been more prevalent lately, too. I'm in the middle of two building projects and waiting for call backs on bids, schedules, and such. That is taxing on the mind.

Our PCS minds do not tolerate so many balls in the air being juggled.

If you try to juggle more balls than you should, you don't drop one ball. You drop them all. CRASH.....

Keep that concept to use when you plan your activity/task levels.

Remember to spend a moment to mourn the old you so you can leave her in the past and live forward as the new you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote