Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 05:29 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agate View Post
driftless, welcome!

Thank you for adding your experience. I haven't been diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome but have arm weakness problems. I'm going to start paying more attention to posture thanks to your comments. I have MS and when tired I tend to slump over--a very bad habit.
Sorry to hear about your MS. That dwarfs my problem.
There were a number of factors contributing to what I'm pretty sure was TOS. The sad thing is that if I had been diagnosed with TOS (which was known at the time I went to seek medical help) I could have saved about 15 years before I discovered my problem.
But after becoming aware that I had TOS it only took me four weeks to almost get completely healthy.
That's the problem with many mechanical/postural problems. Even when you correct your posture or some other wrong thing you're doing with body, it often takes weeks/months to see the benefits.
But I was very glad to finally know what my problem was. I wish I had started a program of stretching, use of a shoulder/back brace, and sleeping on the unaffected side when I figured out that I had TOS.
I wish you good luck in getting help for your problem. I'm just a petty whiner compared to what you're going through.
But your teachers and parents were right.....sit up straight, walk upright, and don't slouch. Good posture is every important for good health.
driftless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote