Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 05:25 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar View Post
Have you found and explored our TOS forum and the TOS sticky threads?
Or our site search tool might find related posts faster.

From the symptoms you describe, it sounds like you have VTOS , a blood flow based TOS.
I have only recently joined this forum, but I am eager to seek any help possible and to help anybody else if possible. Thank you for asking.
I should like to mention one other thing people can do to relieve symptoms or related health problems and that is to eliminate trigger points.
I discovered trigger point therapy in my mid thirties almost ten years before I found out my chief problem was posture related. I was also liked to play tennis and hit the ball hard. That along with poor posture possibly help create many trigger points.
But after reading books about trigger points ( can't remember how I was alerted to them) i discovered many severe trigger points on my chest and arms. As anybody who has tried to eliminate them knows it can be very painful. to get rid of them.
I am an amateur musician who plays the guitar and other instruments requiring good breath control like the harmonica and flute. I'm not going to be appearing at Carnegie Hall any time soon, but I did and still do enjoy making noise on a variety of string and other instruments.
Before discovering trigger points I could scarcely get any breath into my harmonicas and flutes. I could barely play for more than a few minutes and poorly at that. I discovered that my intercostal (rib) muscles were peppered with trigger points many of them very painful to eliminate.
But after correcting my posture and eliminating most of the trigger points in my chest and arms I began to get may wind back and play my harmonicas and other instruments needing breath like flutes and tin whistles. (I love to play Irish folk music.) I now at 71 have far better breath control than I did in my mid thirties before I corrected my posture and eliminated many chest trigger points.
So bad posture can cause many other problems. If you have muscle problems, a number of them might be trigger-point related as well as neurologically related.
driftless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (09-15-2021)