View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 02:11 PM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Default Terrible long lasting pain.

Hi everyone. I am new to this group, and I am very interested in hearing what everyone has been through, and what has worked for you. I have TN for over 30 years now with different levels of pain and medications. Five weeks ago, my TH has gone to a different level that I never endured before. I had episodes that happened four to five times a day continuous with sharp stabbing pain, fire hotness in my cheeks, sizzling shocking pain from my nose to my ear and/or up to my eyes. They went on for 2-2 and a half hours with no relief. I called my Neurologist and she just added another Gabapentin, making that 1200 gr a day along with my regular 1200 gr of Trileptal. I got no relief from that and had to go to the ER twice for Morphine shots. The second time after getting the (2) Morphine shots in a few hours, right before I left the ER they gave me a shot in my face right by the ear, and that is what seemed to have helped. It has been four days and I have not gotten any of the long stabbing pains. I do get some pain once and awhile, but nothing that lasts for hours or is unbearable. I do not know what that shot was called, maybe when, and if I get a printout bill from the ER will I find out what it was. I am really stumped what could have brought these horrible, long lasting attacks on in the first place. I did not have any dental work done recently, or neck surgeries or any kind of surgeries done. It's a mystery, but I hope they never return like that.
Jacquie Moser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote