View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 12:55 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hello Meir,
Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups. I don't know that I can offer too much in the way of advice but wanted to welcome you and just add on a few random thoughts while I'm here.

Some of the things you describe are familiar to me as a parent of two young adults on the spectrum. Hypermobility is common in those on spectrum including EDS. You would know that, I'm sure, and that there are many different subtypes of EDS? My two are hypermobile as am I. Not diagnosed EDS. Seizures not uncommon on spectrum. Migraines. One with strong astigmatism. (Lots of info around about autism and vision. Increased prevalence of refractive error and increased astigmatism has been reported in ASD).

Low female hormones in daughter(that she had addressed by endocrinologist) and is better taking added hormones. Suspect high testosterone and others in son. Immune to cold and heat up too easily. They radiate heat actually. Both mine are like that and as are others I know on spectrum. Then again it's not that uncommon in people with Tic "disorders" either and they both have "tic disorders". Neither have thyroid problems.

Any scoliosis or kyphosis? You have low BP.
You don't have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome ?

It would be better if those seizures weren't happening at all.

Anyway, I'm just thinking aloud and seeing a few similarities between my own family and your situation not that it probably helps. I'm just sorry you're dealing with such a difficult situation with your eyesight and so many other conditions as well.

I wonder if your eye problems are EDS related or if the sum of all your symptoms actually fits a type of subset on the autism spectrum or EDS or is a condition that is uncommon or rare enough not to be thought of by your doctors. I was just looking up an EDS site and it stated how all the zebras (people who are diagnosed with EDS) had different stripes and I thought how true that is of every individual everywhere.

How interesting your studies must be. I truly hope that you find the answer to your eyesight problems so that you can continue with them without all the difficulties.

take care,
Lara

Last edited by Lara; 09-18-2021 at 01:21 AM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (09-18-2021), kiwi33 (09-18-2021)