View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 12:48 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default Burning nipples, shortness of breath, nerve pain

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, 42 year old male. My particular horror story started slowly around 5 years ago with the occasional spasm in the middle of my spine, followed by weakness in one arm. Over the course of a year, that became numbness and tingling in my legs.

After a while the symptoms largely subsided for one and a half years, but then came roaring back in 2019. I had a really powerful soreness over my left nipple, then a severe aching in my armpits and across my chest. The sensation in my nipples changed, almost became sort of numb, then about 6 months later that reversed and they became incredibly sensitive, like the sensitivity had been turned up a thousandfold. I have not been able to wear a shirt for two years now without covering my nipples with tape, stickers, or some other form of adhesive. The feeling of fabric brushing against them is torturous.

At the same time I developed an intermittent shortness of breath. It's worse when I'm laying down. Sometimes I can't sleep on my sides because of it, but I can't sleep on my back because it triggers my sleep paralysis.

Every day is a struggle. I have a severe, frequent dull pain right in the middle of my spine between my shoulder blades, and burning pain branches out and wraps around to my chest and runs down my arms. I have shoulder pain that pretty much never goes away, and sometimes my legs feel so weak it's hard to bear weight without thinking they're going to collapse from under me.

I'm forgetful and I have brain fog. On really bad days I stutter and have trouble reading. Overcast days seem to be reliably bad for some reason.

I've had every neurological test in the book. They say they can't find anything obviously wrong.

There are a hundred other symptoms to this illness, but I won't go into detail about the rest of them. Leaving this here in case it's meaningful to someone.

God Bless.
searing2019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (09-20-2021), Lara (09-18-2021)