View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 10:14 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I will certainly consider that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agate View Post
searing2019, welcome!

Your life would be ever so much easier without these symptoms, I'm sure. Just wearing the tape around your chest as much as you must be doing might be creating new problems for you. Maybe the tape is too tight, or maybe you develop a skin problem from the tape. In any case, it's not good.

Sometimes when nothing can be found to be wrong even after countless tests, it's time to think about whether some psychotherapy might help. I'm not talking about a pill you could take. I'm talking about discussing your feelings, fears, and concerns with a qualified professional person who will agree to have regular sessions with you for as long as it takes.

Our symptoms can be very real and very devastating, and yet they can be psychological in origin, and amazingly enough, getting to the root of them can cause those symptoms to disappear. But you have to stick with it and be persistent and work at it.

I'm not saying that this is all in your head. I am saying that psychotherapy is an avenue worth exploring in this instance.

Saying something is "all in a person's head" belittles it. Your suffering is real. It deserves to be considered and treated in whatever way will help you to end the symptoms.
searing2019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote