View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 05:04 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanni View Post
Hey mate,
I've just registered because of your post. It seems we're in the same boat. I had covid in november 2020. After the infection I had trouble with walking. Vertigo, fatigue, felt my legs were breaking away. Dr. said it's long covid, don't worry.

5 months later I did feel quite normal again. End of may I got my pfizer vaccine. 4 days later I woke up from a strange feeling in my legs. My left leg was numb. I went to hospital. They did some checks, guessed it was polyneuropathy and told me to see a neuro.

EMR (is that the term? The speed of nerves, sorry I'm from Germany...) was normal, blood normal, I have two mri appointments (one already done) - I'll get the results probably in the end of august.

My symptoms: tingling, needles and pins in the legs, feet, hands, weak legs, calves feel sort of numb, muscle twitching all over the body. I can't walk long distances, cycling works neither - my calves are cramping. Finally I couldn't sleep anymore. Now I'm taking 50 mg pregab at night and it's a blessing. I can sleep again, I'm back on track at work, no more fatigue.

I hope to find out what it is. BTW I'm 40, male, used to be really fit til covid hit me (lifting, cycling, jogging). But I'm mentally good. Covid and my current condition taught me a lot. I hope you're allright and please keep us updated.
I am sorry to hear about your long Covid, but happy that you're having better days. I would love to know if what caused this for me was Covid.... there was definitely a chance it was.

The things I never had were muscle pains/cramping which I am thankful for.

Interesting on the pre-gablin front... I sometimes pop some gaba if I have a really bad prickling episode, but haven't had to do that for months.
LeedsLad84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote