View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 04:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenW View Post
What makes you so convinced that this incident would not be a new brain injury and instead is almost certainly anxiety or just a pcs setback and neck aggravation?
Hi Ben, I am not aware that I said any of that and especially in those words.
In fact I specifically tried to avoid one of those words. I am not there looking at you as we're on the internet, but if I was in the same situation I would doubt I had sustained a new brain injury although a whiplash could cause problems obviously.

You need to treat the symptoms from your neck and I imagine you did all that with ice etc.? It's probably going on two weeks now so if your neck or shoulder is still sore and you still feel a bit "off", then you should check with your doctor.

Quote:
Just asking cause this incident seems like a pretty textbook concussion to me since it was a a very hard and momentous impact, albeit not directly to the head. I’m not an expert though so if someone who knows more about the forces involved could clear it up that would be immensely helpful.
Yeah, unfortunately I can't help you with the physics regarding forces needed to sustain serious injury from a whiplash. I've seen many posts about it over the years here. I just know if something hurts then it hurts and if it hurts a lot then I probably need it checked. I have terrible problems with my neck and spine and I do know that if I injure my neck or back working in the yard or something, then it can really make me feel very ill. It's a pain and feeling that is hard to describe. If you feel you have a whiplash injury or even more subtle injury you need to get it looked into.

Feel better soon.
Lara
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote