View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 11:18 PM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member

I have been suffering from chronic pain for the last few years, received lots of different diagnoses for different things, payed stupid money in hopes to see some improvement. The other week I was given Lyrica to trial.

I have always known that I am sensitive to medication. Over the last 10 years I have tried and come off different medications countless times. Every time it was due to side effects that I could not cope with, mostly cognitive. So when I went to see my doctor about something to help me deal with my chronic pain, they offered this. I asked because of my history of side effects, whether this would have similar issues and I was told yes but we will put you on a low dose and up the amount gradually. Being told that they have patients at 300-600mg's a day and that this is a really low dose.

Days 1-3: I was on 25mg's. not a huge amount changed. Slightly fuzzy, pain slightly numbed. Trying to be hopeful
Day 4: dose upped to 50mg's. Taken before going to sleep. Night consists on nightmares and the day is rough, Can't think, brain fog really kicking in. Pain has reduced though
Day 5: 50mg's again before bed but I take a shower after the dose. End up falling down the stairs. Brain does not work, Can't remember what I am saying as I am saying. Pain is almost gone though. Really horrible nightmares though.
Day 6: much like Day 5, brain just does not work, had another fall. End up calling my doctor, get told to drop down to 25. On the pain front though
Day 7: 25mg's Still really foggy but now with brain zaps. It's like my brain gets stabbed randomly every few minutes. Said screw this and didn't take another dose. If I'm going to go through this dropping from 50 to 25 after only three days, I'm not taking this poison. Not to mention my brain is my key asset. If it's fried, then I lose this life I built up. I would rather live with pain than live as an empty person

Day 8: No dose, brain zaps like the day before, feeling rough, really rough. Nerve pain hasn't returned though.
Day 9: No Dose, Brain zaps have reduced, still happen once or twice an hour but have a pretty strong fever. still struggling to think a bit but getting better.
Day 10: No Dose, brain zaps have gone, no fever. But brain is still foggy, but memory is better. I feel more alert but stupefied. I hate feeling like I can't think. This is where I am now and I hate this living hell. I want my brain function to return. I want to be able to do what I enjoy. But now it just feels like the front of my brain is sleeping and I worry this is my life now.

This medication is the devil. Maybe in a week, I'll feel normal again but my mind is telling me that this causes serious permanent damage to the brains function and chemistry. I can only hope that I got off this monster soon enough.

I hope this just becomes a memory. If all goes well, I probably wont post here again, I hope
red-potato is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-27-2021)