View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 01:47 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Jeff,

Let me try to help.

Start by reading everything you type a few times before you post. The memory struggles of a TBI can cause us to flood the keyboard with incomplete or unorganized ideas because we omit parts of the idea we are trying to communicate. Avoid long complex sentences.

Edit, reread, and edit some more. It helps us better understand ourselves as much as it helps others start to understand us.

Limit each paragraph to 5 or 6 lines. It is easier to read shorter paragraphs.

If you are typing this on a smart phone, try a laptop instead. Seeing more of what we type helps our brain understand it better. Smart phones are the kiss of death to effective communication.

Writing with some hidden details 'discussed' or mentioned is confusing. For example: "A medical reason found half a year after everything has gotten so bad, just doesn’t help much." What medical reason? What has gotten so bad?

I guarantee you that this forum has heard it all over the past dozen or more years.

So, I guess you have a bum leg and other challenges.

Your biggest challenges is the idiots around you who put limits on you such as the 'superpowers' level and screwdriver comment.

I know people who took two years to relearn to talk and walk.

I've lived 56 years with various memory and cognitive challenges that got worse with subsequent brain injuries. We can learn many ways to carry on.

So, if you can, break your story down into smaller parts that we can read and respond to.

Try to start at the beginning so we have context. I struggle to read complex sentences and totally crash if important context is left out. It can be like trying to start a jigsaw puzzle with all the corners and edge pieces left out.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (09-29-2021)