Thread: Lara
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 04:19 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thank you both.

Bobby, it's been a few years. Started 2017. It's just the last couple of years has been as hectic as this. Fortunately everything really important that couldn't be done here locally was done in the hospital 1000k away down south in the few months before covid hit. We flew down there and back a couple of times in December 2019 and then mid January of 2020. That centre is the only Gamma Knife stereotactic radiosurgery in public hospital in Australia, so lucky to have one in my State really. It was an ordeal but it worked so no use my thinking about it much anymore.

I did have one important appointment on March 13 that I cancelled due to reports of Covid.

So timing was good as it turned out.

The CTs and MRIs that I have now just for surveillance are done locally but organized by my Doctors down south. They usually do Telehealth appointments for the results, but they've been really nice and allowing me just to do it by phone lately. That's great because it means one less trip to the gross hospital. . My oncologist is local and he's wonderful. I had one who was very negative and dismal and I changed doctors and so glad I did.

So, again, thanks for thinking of me. It's appreciated. I am very fortunate.
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (10-03-2021), bizi (10-01-2021), Dmom3005 (09-30-2021)