View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 07:21 PM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Default I have POTS and had TOS

I have POTS and had bilateral arterial thoracic outlet syndrome. Having surgery two years ago to relive the thoracic outlet syndrom definitely helped my POTS symptoms significantly (I'm not bedridden anymore and am not dizzy when I turn my head) but has not resolved them. My stomach issues improved greatly as well, along with brain fog. I recommend Dr. David Whitley, a vascular surgeon in Birmingham, AL. He used ultrasound and other means to diagnose me and was able to tell that my subclavian arteries were 100% compressed depending on the position of my arms. While he did not suspect a link between POTS and TOS, I found that relieving the TOS helped my POTS symptoms. It definitely helped me regain some quality of life. My mother had the same surgery for her arterial TOS (she only had it on one side). Dr. Whitley had recommended PT to us first, but it did not help us due to it being the rare arterial form of TOS.

I pray you find relief!

I regularly see a orthospinologist chiropractor who helps me with residual symptoms of TOS, as I have frequent joint subluxations which can cause a recurrence of symptoms on a much smaller, less-debilitating scale. I highly recommend this orthospinology technique, which is safe for TOS. If you have TOS, you should never let a chiropractor manually adjust your neck.
RachelSM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote