View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 03:12 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

With all due respect, that Cosmopolitan article is nonsensical at best.

The article thay've actually based a lot of their information on regarding anxiety and depression is actually not saying what they have said in their article.

In reality that article about anxiety and depression says in the Conclusion...

Vegetarian diet and mental disorders: results from a representative community survey
Quote:
Importantly, we found no evidence for a causal role of vegetarian diet in the etiology of mental disorders. Rather, our results are more consistent with the view that the experience of a mental disorder increases the probability of choosing a vegetarian diet, or that psychological factors influence both the probability of choosing a vegetarian diet and the probability of developing a mental disorder.
Taking on the lifestyle of being vegetarian is a long and difficult process. It's not something that should be done lightly. It's not fair to say people can get messed up. I don't wish to argue with you about this but just wanted to point out that silly reference. I didn't bother reading their other references regarding eating disorders and whatnot. The rest e.g. zinc, b12 or vit d etc can apply if a person isn't vigilent, sure.

Personally I can think of an awful lot of ways it can be helpful and it's certainly helped me regarding gut microbiome.

I've seen you say before that it's about choices and that's what it should be for all of us.

I recall in one of the books that the Dalai Lama wrote about how he became very ill and of his dilemma with having to eat meat to become well again. That was a very long time ago and much has changed since then. Plus it wasn't possible for hime to just pop down to the local chemist and pick up some B12.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote