View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 04:14 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Caroline, I'm not arguing, I'm just having a discussion. You can eat whatever you wish.

I wasn't saying you were nonsensical. I'm meaning that Cosmo article to me is nonsensical because they reference a legit paper from a journal that says that a vegetarian diet does not cause anxiety or depression.

The Cosmo article that people on vegetarian diet are nutrient deprived (their words) and that's why there is more anxiety amongst vegetarians. That's what they said.

Of course there are articles everywhere about it. As I said I wasn't intending to argue. I just wanted to point out an error in their journalism. I guess that comes about when the writers (cosmo) don't read their references correctly.

I gave in about 6 months ago and bought some protein powder. I talked about it on PN forum. So many people here talk about the need to eat animal protein etc.. on and on it goes but so I bought this powder and added it to my already rich in protein vegetarian diet and it caused derangements in my blood tests immediately. I get blood tests every 21 days. I was getting too much protein and it affected my liver function. It's a known problem. After stopping it immediately, my tests took about 4 weeks to return to normal.

We don't need to kill animals and eat them to be healthy. It's a myth.

P.S. I don't eat much soy either, Caroline. I understand that too much soy is not good, but I do eat Edamame salad beans from time to time. I just don't eat too many of them.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote