View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 05:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
Lara, cows/beef are a major part of the food chain. I don't have an issue with cows for meat. And I agree many overdo it on beef consumption, but that is their choice. I said I probably ate too much growing up. don't now.
It is for some people.

Huge percentage of vegetarians in India and other countries in Asia, as well as Israel, the UK. There are so many reasons people are vegetarian besides being related to their heart health or general health. Those people aren't messed up.

btw I don't eat any gelatin products either. It is in so much. I can't eat much that isn't off a tree or out of the ground because they put animal gelatin in almost everything. Even in the old cherry ripes.

Things will change for the better for the sake of our planet. I was just reading an article about how they're going to feed beef cattle on seaweeds to try to cut green house emissions. Geez, why not just stop breeding beef cattle.

Research into seaweed impact in reducing livestock methane takes scientists to Eureka award finals - ABC News

Cows fed small amount of seaweed burp 86 per cent less methane in trial - ABC News

Look at those beautiful faces.

btw I forgot to mention that Cows are herbivores. The only food chain cows are in is grass, cows, humans isn't it? They don't kill other creatures on purpose. The only time they would consume another creature would be accidental like insects in their grass.

Anyway, thanks for conversation.

Last edited by Lara; 10-05-2021 at 11:20 PM. Reason: added btw herbivore re food chain
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote