View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 12:08 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default Some questions and information for others suffering.

Hi guys. Several years have passed since I received head trauma = TBI. Things were very hard for me and my family since this unfortunate incidence, but with perseverance and patience, things started to slowly get better. More recently I discovered the power of photobiomodulation and thought to try to heal the rest of my head. From most of the studies I read, treatment is considered safe. After ordering a 54W red/IR light from Amazon, I attempted treatments to my right temporal/occipital lobe, mostly to clear up some nerve damage. Over the next couple days, I started getting very dramatic dizzy spells like I've never had before. They were strong enough to floor me.
My wife took me to the hospital where a CT +/- dye was performed and a 4mm with broad neck and 1mm something or another was discovered in my Internal Carotid Artery. I was alarmed, but determined to conduct some research on my own and thought I should ask your community some questions and maybe contribute what I myself have been discovering... if appropriate.

First off, idk if that's such a big deal; a 4mm aneurysm isn't a giant aneurysm, and after the TBI, I'm lucky to be alive tbh, so I'm grateful for that. I received a MRI only about two years following my TBI. I did go to the hospital at first, but I suppose the fist sized edema on the back of my head didn't worry the doctor so much, who simply diagnosed me with a concussion and that was that. The MRI showed (what I presume) a lacular stroke in the frontal lobe... perhaps this was from the aneurysm? I believe the ICA does reach this region... but maybe the bleed was from another head trauma from childhood.

Let's move on. The GP was given my results, and I requested to see a highly rated neurosurgeon for advice. You see, at 4mm, I don't think the pain and dizziness is qualified. Could this be caused by something else? Say a brain lesion? or cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT)? Which makes me wonder whether or not CVT is a cause of aneurysms in the first place. See, if the blood clots on its way out, there will be an increase in the cerebral arteries, which could result in the appearance of an aneurysm. The problem then isn't having an aneurysm, but that a blood clot is preventing proper flow, or possibly a damaged vein/sinus.

But doctors rarely request a venogram. That's a special CT scan, which takes a whole two minutes to conduct... but they don't ask for it. So wouldn't a CT-V scan be warranted prior to surgery?