View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 01:46 PM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Default Bumped my head twice in two days a month after recovery

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this.

I got a concussion back in mid July (about 3 months ago) from standing up too fast and whacking my head on the fridge, and had post concussion symptoms (mainly dizziness, fatigue, light sensitivity and mild focus issues.) I didn't develop a headache until later in my recovery. I fully recovered from PCS about 6 weeks after the injury, towards the end of August. Today it's October 12. I hit my head a couple days ago on the top of car while exiting (it was a veryyyy soft bump) but immediately after I felt dizzy and off balance. I don't know if this was an anxiety thing but after getting in the car I felt a little motion sick and we had about an hour of driving left so I took some dramamine, which ended up being a mistake because I felt super drowsy and this further exacerbated my fears that I had another concussion. I was pretty tired, and when I got home I took a nap, and felt pretty fine after that and was able to read a book. Fast forward to the next day, I woke up feeling fine. I went out to run some errands, went to Target, bent down to grab an item and stood up and whacked my head on one of their metal wire shelves, which had a couple of fold out tables stacked on top of it. This time it actually hurt, but the pain dissipated after about 5 minutes. I did again feel a little dizzy while walking through Target. I decided not to get to worked up over it and continued on with my day, and went to the gym (probably a mistake.) After my workout, I felt a little dizzy and pretty exhausted. When I got home, I watched some tv and noticed some slight tension in my head. This morning I woke up feeling very very exhausted, similar to how I felt during my first concussion but not as bad. I napped for part of the day but still feel tired and like I have some brain fog. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I be worried/go back to resting/not doing anything mentally taxing? I can't really afford to take more days off work... Does this sound like I aggravated the old injury?

TLDR: I bumped my head twice after initial recovery. Now I have mild symptoms. Should I be worried ?
sunflower25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote