View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 07:08 AM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Confused New member, post surgery issues?

Hi all and thanks for reading.

I had surgery on my cervical spine, a mesh was fitted between c5 and c6. I also had spurs removed that was causing complete loss of use and feeling in both my arms.

When the surgery was done about 5 years ago they entered though the throwt moving my throwt organs to my left. However, I am now suffering from what I can only describe as a dislocated larynx, if I turn my head and talk or eat, it pops out and I have to move it back in place. If the pressure is put on my throwt I suffer like a shock pain that shots to my spine, it also become very uncomfortable and the area can feel inflamed. I suffer terrible headaches and am having trouble sleeping. I also have a dehydrated disk in the middle of my back along with vulging disks in my lower back.

My question is has anyone had similar problems after surgery? Talking to my doctor is impossible and am not getting the care I feel it needs. I have researched something called "Glossopharyngeal neuralgia" and wonder is this could be the issue as I suffer most if not all the symptoms.

Thank you to anyone who reads this and I wish anyone with any spinal issues the very best and hope you recover soon. X
Trex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote