Thread: Fed up...
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 05:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Ada, I don't think I explained very well. Your mum sounds awesome though! Basically my mother is very strict and she does not believe in disability despite everything that has happened. When granny had her spine injury and was bed bound for years mum would carry her downstairs (at the age of 15 or 16), skip school, lay her on a blanket in the garden and then do the gardening under her directions, or build a wall, or repaint the house or do whatever, all with granny lying on a nearby surface somewhere (including at times the kitchen surface, table etc). She doesn't believe in waiting on people and believes if there is anything I can do myself then I should do it. As a quadraplegic there are many things she HAS to do for me but whenever I have been well enough to do stuff she makes me do it, regardless of whether it is faster and less painful for her to do it. We are talking about a woman who doesn't believe in deformities, that will reset my shoulders and knees and hips when they dislocate from the spasms, that nearlly broke my neck trying to break the spasm, that is now planning on strapping me to a spinal board to get me PROPERLY flat. A woman who believed that I could walk even though I was strapped into a frame, held up by her and had someone else kicking my legs forward.

Mum is great and without her I am certain I would be a lot worse, she has done things that drs would never consider doing - like resetting some of my joints, she kept me off an NG tube when everyone said I needed one etc, BUT she is strict as hell about the RSD and NEVER EVER GIVING IN TO ANYTHING.

I am frustrated because all I can move is my eyes.

Worse. When does it calm down? I haven't fed myself in 2 years, I haven't moved my arms in 3 months. I haven't moved my legs in years. When does it calm down so I can get it sorted out?

Love

Frogga xxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote