View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 05:46 PM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Default Worried over nothing?

History: Severe Concussion at 14 years old, pedestrian accident. Full loss of consciousness. Mild concussion at 26, hit my head while working under a large, heavy table at my work.

Previous PCS: None, no symptoms lasted longer than 6 weeks

Previous neck injuries: Severe whiplash at 14, unspecified strain at 25

Event: Lifting cardboard box with 40-50 pounds of equipment from the ground, hit my chin with the leading edge of the cardboard on first lift, which was a bit of a 'jerk and lift' rather than smooth motion. Nothing noted in the moments after except anxiety surrounding the event. (Hit did not even leave a mark)

Symptoms: Anxiety and worry over possible injury, some neck pain, slight stiffness, tenseness, possibly slight sensitivity to light when I focus on it, (really, the only thing I'm worried about

Issues functioning: Nothing noted so far, two long days at work at a client's site, over two hours total of driving today without issues (with an unfamiliar car)

I fully understand that none of you are doctors (and if you were, could not give an clinical advice in this setting). However, I am curious about symptoms from neck strain and any experience with under the chin impacts. (I'll cop to stretching my neck a bit yesterday and 'testing' things out... probably not something that most of you would advise....)
js2234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote