View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 05:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My faith...

...is the reason I can wake up each day with a smile despite the pain.
My faith is the force behind my choice to be optimistic and hopeful,rather than pessimistic and doubtful.
My walk with God is always beautiful,profound and comforting.
My talks with God are sometimes heated,sometimes gentle,sometimes a laugh.
My listening to God,is often difficult,sometimes confusing,nearly always thought provoking and searching...but the outcome never ceases to amaze me.
My love for the God I know,goes beyond words,is overwhelming,and without expectation.
God`s love for me,fills me with an inner peace that enables me to tackle this illness head on.
God found me when I was ready to hear his voice.
He revealed his presence,quite unexpectedly on an unassuming walk with my dog. I have never felt so much wonderment. So much awe.

This is how I know He is in my life.Because I alone could not be the way I am.

And I hope this isn`t offensive to anyone.For I am just saying as it is in MY life.I don`t have arrogance enough to tell folk how and where to find a faith,or God.Or that this is how they should live their life.
I just hope that by example,a few folk might be intrigued enough to ask or wonder how I make it through my difficult days with a smile.And I can say...I have a constant by my side.

For I didn`t go looking for Him.He found me.

Simple I reckon.
x

ps..and to echoe Terri,I truly won`t be miffed if this requires editing.Hope not,cos it`s not about religion.It is about how I live my life.And my life just happens to have God in it.

xxx
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote