View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 07:43 AM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Default SFN without pain?

Hello,

This is my first post here. I have recently received a SFN diagnosis based on the results of a corneal confocal microscopy and a sudoscan test. (I live in Spain and here it is impossible to get a reliable skin biopsy). I also have elevated FGFR3 antibodies, which seems to be associated with SFN.

Nevertheless, I feel like something is still being missed. In particular, I am concerned with this diagnosis because I have no pain and, to the best of my knowledge, this is the main symptom in SFN. Accordingly, I would like to know if it is possible to have SFN without experiencing pain.

I have several autonomic issues (e.g. tachycardia when standing or temperature regulation problems) which, according to my neurologist, are caused by SFN. However, my worst symptom is a non-stop profound malaise 24/7. I have experienced this unrelenting malaise since the beginning of my illness in March 2020 every single day. I try to describe it to my doctors as feeling like I have constantly a severe flu (without any respiratory symptoms) which never goes away. This malaise is really incapacitating and I am unable to leave my house and spend most of the day in bed.

I wonder if this daily malaise is actually a SFN symptom. Does anyone else experience a similar feeling?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Castorp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote