Old 07-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Banned User

15 yr Member
Banned User

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinJane View Post
Thanks Victoria,

Dr. Togut said it was from the lenghty drive. The trap muscle has become aggravated. NO exercise and change of posture and movements, etc. Should get me back on the right track. I am not nearly as bad as before surgery. That was impossible. Not able to live a normal day-to-day life. I believe I am very lucky and hope to continue on that path. Linda
For whatever it is worth...

One of my many pains or problem areas was my upper trap. I got these "jolts" zzzz and the muscle would spasm etc. Usually it was just tight like crazy if it wasn't jolting or spasming. And it appeared that no particular movement, position or activity created this. I chalked it up to the general "TOS" stuff and merely did what my doctor and PT suggested ...i.e. improve the posture. As I stated in other posts, I learned my anatomy etc...and ONE of the many things I found was that driving for more than 20 minute too was a problem. I couldn't figure out why. I thought well sitting too long etc. Come to figure out...bucket seats! why? Look at how they hug your upper body INTO a rounded shoulder position! BAD! Very bad. My remedy was not an instant cure but it helped. I made a foam cushion about 3 feet long and about 5"-6" in diameter..round. It goes lengthwise against my spine when I drive. It helped to keep my shoulders straight or back while driving. Eventually I was able to get 30 minutes away from my house without a flare up. Now with all the exercises, I'm able to do so without the pillow (but I admit driving without that pillow is slacking..I'm asking for problems). Good luck. Again, this worked for ME...it is offered to the extent that it may help you.
noname is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote