Old 07-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned User

15 yr Member
Banned User

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbrn View Post
hi,
muscle overuse....drive too long.....equals muscle inflammation or use of accessory muscles not normally used due to the overuse.....inflammation leads to compression of nerves and vessels which causes tos symptoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tos could be transiant or intermittant or come back if the same conditions come back to cause the pain.

Sorry to see you return.....I too was pain free for only six months post op but can relate to the pain free then back to hell.....the tos symptoms may well be due to the drive.......hope you get the help you need and WELCOME to our little oasis (again)

love and hugs,
Victoria
I think TOS is like the age old chicken and the egg joke...which came first, the muscle or the nerve irritation.

Muscles can be overworked and that can cause inflammation and inflammation leads to swelling and reduces the space for nerves and the like to pass and voila...irritation of the nerve and the circular cycle of irritation and muscle pain.

That said, movement, position, posture can cause the compression (e.g. rounded shoulder posture, head forward position) which leads to irritation of the nerve which then causes muscle tightness, overcompensation and another or same cycle of irritation and pain.

I can get into trouble by posture and I can get into trouble by exercise or activity. Either way...I must be careful. Either way knowledge about the anatomy does help ME, at least, do the activities without getting the irritation or compression. Not always successful, but getting there.
noname is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote