View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 11:29 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Risperdal/Respiridone is a very strong antipsychotic that is usually used in Schizophrenia, BiPolar etc

From what I understand, if it is being used "off-label" to treat your son ie he doesn't have those conditions that it is normally prescribed for, then it can cause all sorts of side effects that may be considered "rare" -

I did notice "sleep disturbances" and possible hallucinations/ increased psychosis on some of the side effects listed on a Google search.

Here is one link that has a long list of them - Common and Rare Risperdal Side Effects

Just an example to give on how sometimes even over the counter meds can cause intense side effects - some people get sleep paralysis and strange hallucinatory effects that are like dreams but they are awake and in that "paralysis" mode from Tagamet (an acid reflux OTC med) - this happened to a family member of mine, and I have since found even more reports of that effect. That med is now off the market.

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Andreas (11-24-2021), Lara (12-22-2021)