Thread: G's Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 07:09 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I forgot to mention about the writing. It's what happens when I come on with distractions. (oops)

So yea, the challenge is to write 50,000 words in the month of November. I did this last year. This year, I'm only a little over half the word count. I probably won't win...
but that's what I was doing today. Rather than coming here at that time, I was editing what I'd written so far.

The story is still getting smoothed out, but it's a two part story. The first part, the boy re-introduces his mother to an old favorite band. It goes on to tell the mother's side of the story of rediscovery and her catching up with the music and other cool things happening.
In part two, it's more the boy's side of things. He has to sit out the first new concert, but gets a surprise special concert opportunity by the end.
There is an additional story arch of the boy going through middle school, his first love, and making friends during a difficult period of life.

I want to eventually write for middle grade, but I keep switching between that and adult. I'm trying to word things as a middle school kid would understand, but some are adult subject matters so it's difficult.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-24-2021), mymorgy (11-25-2021)