View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 11:13 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default Concussion related symptoms

Hi all,

Let me just start about saying I understand what you're going through and I believe what you're feeling. You are not crazy. I really wish someone other than my neurologist would say this to me.

With that said, I had a concussion just about 3 months ago and while I've improved significantly since the beggining, I'm still having some issues. I never had an MRI in the beggining as I have Hyperacusis and I feared the noise would make my ears worse. With that said, I finally did take the MRI recently and there was no structural damage. The only thing it mentioned were white matter hyper intensities, which my neurologist said normal functioning people at 39 have as well.

In the beggining just getting out of bed was difficult. I was very weak and tired. While my mind was working perfectly, my body was not. Fast forward to today and I'm doing a lot better. With that said, I'm still having some issues. While the disconnect between my brain and body has improved, my body still doesn't feel right. It's very hard to describe the feeling. I don't want to say it's anxiety because it isn't really that. If I have stress it definitely makes me feel worse, but even when I don't have stress my body is in a 24/7 state of not being how it used to be.

I'm able to drive, which at first I was not able to do. When I first tried to I had really weird focusing issues, but I don't anymore. I used to get nauseous while driving and that's pretty much stopped as well. While I prefer not to drive, doing so doesn't seem to make me feel worse anymore.

Exerting myself doing anything but walking makes my body feel worse so I just don't do it. I wasn't active to begin with so mentally it isn't an issue. I tried playing video games once and that was a no go for me. I felt really bad almost instantly. Maybe I should try again since it was a month ago, but I'm scared to try.

I'm also having trouble with things in motion. Scrolling on my phone is uncomfortable and I feel like it's getting worse.

To sum it all up my body just doesn't feel right. Exerting myself is a problem and scrolling on my phone is also problem. It's not a big deal, but maybe the phone issue can help explain what's wrong with me. If I posted 2 months ago I'd have a laundry list of issues, but luckily I'm a lot better than I was. I just feel like my improvement has platued. Will I ever feel the same again? My neurologist is not helpful. She's just hoping I get better.

I apologise for the long message. Thank you all in advance for your help.
mets811 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote