View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 05:18 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I would focus on getting a quality assessment of your neck. No just an MRI and generic read. An assessment by a physical therapist and/or physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation MD) who understands subtle neck injuries and how they can wreck your life. I bet you slept with poor head and neck posture. This would cause neck inflammation and cause your symptoms to get much worse.

Nothing you are experiencing indicates a concussion as the only cause. It is far more likely your symptoms are upper neck. Inflammation restricts blood to the brain stem. This interferes with temperature modulation, balance, vision, and many other functions.

Being and getting high is very problematic. It hides the true source of symptoms.

Using drugs also indicates a high likelihood of depression and/or anxiety and stress related living. Those pre-existing conditions make the symptoms of any concussion much worse and longer lasting. Many need to properly treat those conditions as part of the concussion and neck injury recovery.
You might be right about the neck issues. I've been trying to cut back on the carbamazepine I take for trigeminal neuralgia per the neurologist. I believe it's contributing negatively to how my body feels. While cutting back my neck has begun to hurt again so the medication must be masking the issue going on with my neck. When I fell I did not brace myself so my head hit the tile pretty hard. Do you think I'd need an MRI of the neck? I suppose that would be of the cervical spine. I've had one of those for a pinched nerve in the past and it didn't find anything too interesting. Maybe it would this time around? In response to the weed...it wasn't from depression, it was to try to help the severe pain I was experiencing in my face at the time. It wasn't a great decision given I didn't know how it it would react with the tramadol. The only thing I've been taking since the fall is the carbamazepine, which I'm holding I can get off.
mets811 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote