View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 07:48 PM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member

Hi everyone,

New to this site and really worried I may have AIPN. 34 years old and have been a heavy weekend drinker since 20. Since covid my drinking picked up significantly, drinking on average a case of beer every weekend. Would abstain Monday-Thursday and then repeat. A few months ago I noticed significant fatigue, and most recently experiencing persistent calf twitching in both legs. No pain in my hands or feet, but my calf muscles are very tight all the time. I'm trying to get sober as I'm sure it's years of drinking catching up to me. Was sober for a month and symptoms seemed to be getting better. Last weekend I relapsed, and when I woke up my right leg was very numb from the knee down. My calves feel like they're they're going to spasm. I started a multi vitamin and have been drinking as much water and stretching as much as possible. If I stay sober and am committed, is there hope for me? Or worst case, is there any hope that if I stay sober my symptoms at least shouldn't expect to get any worse? I'm terrified and just looking for support and any advice, whether that be supplements, exercises, foods to eat or not eat, etc...
Eaglesfan125 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote