View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 09:44 AM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member

Hi there. I just read your post and feel so overwhelmed. I got sick 2.5 months ago. We moved into our house in May 2021. The house is 110 years old. We knew it got water in the basement but didn't take care of it because the basement was unfinished and we figured we would only use it for storage. During the summer our belongings down there must have gotten moldy.. coats, snow boots etc. We didn't know it until a few weeks ago when we put in French drains and began cleaning out. I have never been so sick in my life and feel that the mycotoxins must have permeated the rest of the house. I have unbearable chest pain, stomach pain, insomnia, brain fog, aches in my neck and spine, and trembling and low grade fever of 99-99.3. My bloodwork has confirmed toxicity but I'm having an appointment with a dr who is CIRS trained today. In the meantime I don't know whether it's even worth trying to remediate this house or just try and leave. We have 8 children and can't just pick up and go!

How successful have other people been at remediating versus moving? Where did you move to once you got your mold diagnosis?
Claudbaker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote