View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 02:27 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hi Mark,
Thank you for your response, and I know what my struggles are in terms of anxiety. It's interesting that you claim it was 3-5 mph simply because I believe you were right if not a slight underestimate as I noted no damage to my vehicle.

I see so many people on this forum and otherwise claiming to be concussed after being rear-ended. If they are being rear-ended in low speed (10-15 mph) collisions, it just seems to follow that this event was of equal or greater force seeing that I hit a stationary object. Acceleration comes down to a change in velocity, and if you are moving in one direction, hit a stationary object, and are propelled in the opposite direction, it may prove similarly forceful as a one-way event such as a rear-end collision.

I am also not sure just how much cushioning a headrest performs, as you would have to be in contact with it for something like 100 milliseconds or more for it to substantially reduce force to the head.

I suppose those trains of thought aren't even relevant, but I am scared that an event similar to those that have caused concussions can have similar physical repercussions (i.e. a concussion).

You've had a lot a experience with concussions, Mark, so at what point did it just not matter to you if a blow to the head was a concussion or not? What made you indifferent (or whatever term you would use to describe your perspective)? You've clearly overcome concussion anxiety, but what allowed you to defeat that?

Tyler
Tbaughcome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote