View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 01:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What is your take, then?

I am curious, Johnt, what your take on Dr. Jannetta's MVD for PD is, as well as Dr. Moussa's work-which involves not surgery to physically repair a vascular issue, but a drug which affects a protein which improves the vascular function of the BBB?

I wonder if both can be correct, that is, some people's PD is cased by an unnatural entanglement of blood vessels around the peduncle, while other's is caused by a defective BBB that needs some fine tuning to allow the wastes out and the glucose and nutrients in.....and there are probably many more causes of PD, since everyone's PD is so different.

If we remember that most people don't get PD until their later years, it does match up with the fact that our blood vessels and their function decline as we age. Varicose veins can appear, visibly and often bulging, which is a very physical change, and blood flow and pressure are affected. If one were to make a horrible analogy and compare leg blood vessels to those in the brain, it would beg the question of what would you do if you got a varicose vein in your brain? Isn't that basically what you would call a "distortion" of blood vessels around the peduncle? Whether they are tangled up with each other or have bulged and shifted around with age doesn't really matter-the problem is that they are not the same size, shape, and elasticity, or in the same place, as they used to be and are causing a problem.

It would be so interesting to know if Moussa performed MRI's of the 75 patients in the study he just announced the results of, and if so, if any of them had any "distortions" around the peduncle.

With the Tesla level of imaging we have reached now, T3, having an MRI of every person diagnosed with PD should be standard procedure. I wonder what that would show
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote