View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 10:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-In July 29-August 4, 2007 Welcome New Community Members

Hi Everyone..A warm welcome to our new community members!

Its been a warm and muggy week, and the air conditioners have been blasting away

My support group met today, and we made plans for our annual picnic..Not much of a showing today, and it seems that our group is getting smaller as time goes on..One of our members passed away, and some of the others either are too advanced in their pd to make it there anymore, or they cant drive that far anymore..If it werent for carepartner spouses, the group would have to fold

Ive been busy building some new conch, and bait traps for the fall run..Hopefully I will build enough of the new design by September

After a lot of thought..Ive decided to resign as PAN Coordinator of Rhode Island..I am going to wait untill the meetings of my local APDA Chapter resume in September, and inform them of my decision so that they can find a replacement within one of the support groups..I havent felt comfortable in the position from day one, and it takes more of my time that I have to devote to doing a thourough job..I also have had a bad taste in my mouth about it since last February, when I couldnt make it to the PAN Forum because I could barely walk, and was prodded to make it up there on the day they had appointments made for me to lobby my state's Senators and Reps, because they didnt want to have to cancel those appointments..I thought that was kinda inconsiderate..Bottom line..Its just not my cup of tea..There is a guy who is interested in the job, and would be a much better coordinator than me, but hes doesnt have pd..His wife does..I dont know if that matters..He is naturally cut out to rub elbows with the media and politicians..He is an eliquent speaker as well..Me..Ive got no use for, nor any faith in the political process..Ive been through enough of it in the fishing business for too many years, and Im tired of it..Theres no right or wrong anymore..Everything is "political" nowadays

How was your week?